Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lunar New Year's Eve or the Mr. Returns Post Nemo

The Mr. spent the past week in Colorado for training related to his job.  The joke is that after 25 years working for the Federal Government, how can training be needed?  Well, it was computer related training, but I further push that this expense could certainly have been handled cost effectively via tele-conference or an Internet based computer training (perhaps through in some high tech Skype-ish feature) and voila thousands of dollars saved.  What do I know?

He was schedule to return to the Northeast on Friday.  Yes, pretty much in the middle of Nemo's performance with an 11:30 p.m. landing in Newark.  His flight was rescheduled for Saturday and he pulled into our driveway about 4:30 p.m. with this beautiful bouquet from Hearts n Flowers Florist.  TULIPS are my favorite flower and I was quite happy to see some!  Spring is on the way.


Wish I could say I ordered Chinese food intentionally in honor of the Lunar New Year.  However, the reality was I spent the day outside covering an amazing winter festival for the newspaper I write a community column for and cover local events.  I was cold from the inside out and in need of a bit of convenience. 


Won Ton Soup is always the perfect warm up.


Yes, I order a lot of shrimp in my Chinese food.  Years and years ago when the jokes were plentiful about questionable animals being used for meat in Asian dishes, I switched to mostly recognizable and difficult to impersonate shrimp.  Of course I also enjoy them immensely.


The Mr. goes with C11 or Four Seasons.  A bit of beef, pork, chicken and shrimp in a brown sauce.  I spear a few of the vegetables he pushes aside.  

We are tired.  He from traveling.  Me from the weather.  Happy Lunar New Year and may your year find you always feeling Fed Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment