Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Super Bowl Part 3 - Everything Else

With every prepared buffet, the cook runs the risk of putting out one bad dish.  For me, it was the guacamole.  The avocados weren't quite ripe enough and giving in to the Google-ability of most anything, I looked for a way to speed the ripening process.  Sometimes, it's best not to bother messing with Mother Nature and forcing it with a microwave.  The right thing to do would have been to go without. But, I gave it a good try.



I put the guacamole into one of my new (old) favorite serving bowls.  I found this by accident this past summer among somethings my mother-in-law gave us for a yard sale.  Love it!  Bad food in a beautiful dish is still bad food.
 

Next up, whiskey marinated ribs.  Well, whiskey barbecue sauce.



And the reappearance of an old favorite - stuffed mushrooms.  The large mushrooms are stuffed with crumbled and browned sausage, bread crumbs and mozzarella then baked at 350 until the cheese is melted.



A crudite platter is also a bit old-fashioned yet, exactly what we needed to help lighten things up.  The crisp, fresh vegetables are always welcome.



One missing element, well no one really missed it, was a dessert course.  No one seemed to care that no brownies, cookies or cake were on hand.  We feel Fed Well without the extra sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment